Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Hope It Is Not Too Late

I Hope It Is Not Too Late

How stupid is it to plant seeds when you don’t know if they will come up? I planted spinach and collards yesterday. I guess that is dumb. The weatherman was calling for a freeze last night (10/28). It didn’t happen. My first planting of spinach came up very thin. I decided to replant. When I went to buy seeds, I realized I had not planted collards.

People are putting leaves on the street for the trash collection. I now have a pickup truck; so mulch will not be a problem this year. This weekend’s project is to till the garden, lay off the rows for next year and test the soil. Then I will mulch the beds and have everything ready for spring except my garden construction projects. If the ground is too wet to till, I will get the greenhouse ready to plant.

It did not freeze last night either (10/29). There is still hope for those little eggplants. There are still blooms on the plants too. Probably not much hope for them. Brussels sprouts are loaded though and I don’t think the cold will bother them.



David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: