Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update

Update

The Swiss chard lasagna was delicious. It takes a lot of chard. The chard row will be longer next year. The first sugar peas were picked on Saturday (5/16). They have to be picked everyday or the pods fill out. They are really hard to find. It is like an Easter egg hunt. The last spinach has bolted and was pulled off Saturday as well. Egg plants and herb plants from the green house and from direct seeding are too slow for me. I broke down and bought some plants.

The squash is growing well. Cucumbers had to be replanted as the row just did not fill out. The watermelon is growing too fast. It was planted between the onions that are being allowed to go to seed and the sugar peas. I may have to pull off a few of the pea vines around the watermelon plants. The 1st crop of figs is not ripe. The second crop is coming out. The paw paws are growing nicely. I planted a short row of okra just because I had the space.

The eager eater bugs are coming out now. For mosquitoes I spray myself instead of the yard. I am making a spray of habanero peppers and garlic. I will let you know if it works. I have been procrastinating on doing it because we have had a prediction of rain everyday and rain will wash it off.


David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: