Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Just and the Unjust

The Bible says that the rain falls on the just and the unjust. I’m not sure what I am in that case, because it is not falling on me or my yard. At my office in Charlotte it rained all afternoon. At my house, there was not a drop in the rain gauge. The grass is brown and there are huge cracks in the yard. It is a good thing we have a leash law, or someone could lose a small dog in the cracks.

The garden is being watered every day except for the speckled lima beans. They are staying green and healthy, but they have no beans. There is no sense wasting water on them. The crucifers, except for the little plants I bought, are doing great. Of the bought plants, 3 out of 16 have survived. All of the ones from the greenhouse are flourishing.

About 4 cucumber plants survived the spotted cucumber beetles. They are growing pretty slow, but if they make cucumbers they will be ideal candidates for saving seeds. They are either resistant to the beetles or they don’t taste good to them. Either way works for me.

David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/

No comments: