Saturday, September 13, 2008

Call to Stark Bros.

Call to Stark Bros.

I have a longstanding desire to taste a paw-paw. I ordered trees last year from Burgess. All I go was some little sticks with no roots on them. I planted them in pots because they looked to fragile for the ground. They never even budded. I determined that this year I would buy from Stark Brothers. I have never lost a Stark Brothers plant.

The ordering process was really easy. The lady who took my order told me all about the plants. They will come in pots in November. They will mature in about 7 years. That means, I will be almost 70 years old before I get to eat a paw-paw. I sure hope they taste good after waiting that long. I wish I had a couple of hundred acres in my yard. I would love to plant a lot more stuff.

The nursery and seed catalogs make me feel like the toy section of the sears roebuck catalog did when I was a kid. I wanted all of the toys. I want all of the plants and all of the seeds.







David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: