Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Weekend Update

Post weekend update.

Almost the whole garden is mulched. The greenhouse is pretty much on schedule. There were earthworms in the compost pile. I love earthworms. The items planted in rockwool are still largely un-germinated. I put some items under lights; but I still have a lot of work to do rigging the lights. That will be a good job for Christmas morning.

The greens and salad greens are producing well. My wife and one of my friends is saving the little trays in which the rotisserie chickens are packed. The will be used to make little herb gardens that I can give to people around Easter. They will act like a miniature green house until the weather gets warm enough to repot the herbs or plant them in the yard.

Last nights temperature dropped to 23 degrees. Time to refill the gas bottles. The leaf blower would not start. I was really kind of glad. That is a chore I really hate.





David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: