Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bulgarian Food

Bulgarian Food

The Black Sea Fish are unbelievably delicious the way they are fixed here. The restaurants (or at least the ones I’ve eaten in) only serve fresh caught fish. The vegetables are fresh too. I prefer to eat in season food. The way the greenhouses work here the food is good regardless.

The cheese is the best ever. Each little farm makes its own recipe. Virtually every salad and every meal includes the farm cheese. It is much like Feta, but better. Unlike most of the countries I have been, there are fat Bulgarians. They are not obese, just pleasantly plump. If I keep eating this food, I will be unpleasantly plump.

Today was a day off from class and some of my students took me to see some of their properties and a fantastic castle. The gardens at the castle were quite beautiful. When I figure out how to download the picture of the Linden tree, I will also do some pictures of the castle. One of the properties we visited was an abandoned collective farm from the communist days. The villagers were grazing sheep, goats, cattle and horses unfenced on the property. It was extremely lush. The soil everywhere is just black. I don’t have a test kit; but I’ll bet is naturally very rich.




David Segrest practices international real estate and writes an international real estate blog. Email is david@segrestrealty.com , Web page http://www.segrestrealty.com ,Blog http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/

No comments: