Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back to the Garden/Greenhouse

Back to the Garden/Greenhouse

The weather and my work schedule have been so evil that my greenhouse has received water and heat and little else. I did plant one more flat of the things that did not do well on Sunday. When things start germinating I always think they will be too big too soon to plant. As they grow (slowly), I think they will not be big enough in time to plant outside.

The temperature is a little higher now than it was last week. Plants don’t like cold water; so I have been filling jugs from the rain barrel and setting them on the heating pads to let the water warm up. It still seems like things are growing really slow. I put a pillow case full of compost in one of the rain barrels to make manure tea. I wonder if the plants would like a different flavor.

Today I have several projects. I was able to find some more leaves and pick them up. I think there is enough to finish mulching the garden. Now I have to lay it out, test the soil and make the plan. I have a lot of new weird ideas. I will share them with you as I put them into practice. Maybe at least one will work. Some of last years great ideas have to be refined a little. Spring will be here some day.

David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: