Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blueberries

It is way too early to plant blueberries; but I went to Lowes and the little plants were calling out to me. Now I have to keep the plants healthy for probably 2 months before I can plant them. I got some seeds for the greenhouse and some pansies too; so at least the trip wasn’t wasted.

This is the time of year when sugar peas and spring greens should go into the ground. The weather man is calling for sub-freezing weather almost every morning for the next 2 weeks. Do I dare plant? Seeds know when to come up; so it will probably be ok. There may be hungry birds and other creatures that could get the seeds. Also mold is worse in cold wet soil. This is good weather for working in the greenhouse.

The little growies in the greenhouse are doing well and more are popping out of the dirt every day. Watching things grow is such a turn on. I cannot wait until spring and the right time. It is bitter cold outside; but the bright sunshine is tempting. Is it possible to get spring fever in February?


David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/

No comments: