Thursday, July 2, 2009

Winter's Grape Leaves

Winter’s Grape Leaves

It turns out that Winter’s recipe was not an original. She got it from a website called http://allrecipes.com . This is a website where friends share recipes. Since the byline says “All Rights Reserved”. I will not repeat the recipe here. The name of the recipe is “Figs Oozing with Goat Cheese”. I could not find it by following links; but there is a search tool bar and the title can be inserted and the recipe will be found. Michael said it was wonderful. He did not save one for me.

A friend is making pickles today. I am jealous. She also has tomatoes already. Maybe she will give me a couple. The hanging tomato plant that I started is still alive; but it is not growing. I think the tomato plant I used was too big. Three that I planted in the ground from the same source at the same time are doing great.

The garden really looks great; but the yield so far is pretty disappointing. The squash are the bright spots. We have been picking a lot of yellow crookneck squash and a few zucchinis and patty pans. The patty pans are my favorites. The spaghetti squash are growing rapidly and blooming. So far there is only one female blossom. They usually bloom a little later than the male blossoms. If they don’t produce something this year, that space allotment will go to regular winter squash next year.

David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: