Thursday, March 18, 2010

Green Around the Gills

That is how I am celebrating St. Patty’s day. Daylight savings time got me really excited about having an extra hour every day to play in the yard. I forgot about my poor body. I am so sore that I ache all over. Nothing like an extra hour of tiller and posthole digger to bring pain. Exercise is like drugs. More exercise will hopefully take the pain away and make the yard and the garden look better.

The “dry water garden” is tilled and raked and ready for more planting. The line parallel to the sidewalk is tilled; but not raked. The posts for the deer fence are all installed. Everything in the garden is up except the potatoes and about 2/3 of the sugar peas. The garden is not as green as my gills; but it is getting there.

My friend Mitchell who is a brick mason gave me enough bricks to finish the floor of the greenhouse. Yesterday (the 16th), I went to an empty property and found a whole stack of bricks outside. Now I need another project to use the extra bricks.

David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/

No comments: