Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Home Based Weather Station



Have you ever seen the rain fall in your neighbor’s yard; and not fall in yours or vice-versa? You might want to set up your own weather station at home. The information could be invaluable for your garden if entered in your garden journal. All you really need is a maximum/minimum thermometer (“$7) and a rain gauge ($6). Of course there are more expensive options for those who thing quality is measured by cost.

I am installing a fence that I hope will keep the deer out of my garden. A friend, who is a beautician, is saving me a couple of bags of human hair. These will be placed in little bags and hung around the garden. I won’t know whether it is the fence or the hair that works; but I won’t care if it works. If neither works, I’ll know that.

I found a beautiful little flower in my flower bed and I didn’t know what it was. I guess the birds planted it or if it is a bulb; maybe it came with leave or grass that I picked up by the side of the road. I had intended to ask the readers of this column, if there are any, what it was. I did find out that it is a crocus. Here is a picture, in case the person told me wrong.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/

No comments: