Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tiller Killer



I must be a tiller killer. Two years ago my 1 year old tiller would not start. I took it to my regular lawn mower repair guy. He got it to start but it wouldn’t dig. I took it to Faulk Brothers. They kept it over a month and I picked it up, paid almost $100 and took it home. It still cut off every time I engaged the clutch to dig. I really liked that tiller so I gave it away and went to Lowes and bought another just like it.

The new one lasted 2 years and wouldn’t start. After spending almost $200 with several repair people, I gave up and went back to Lowes. This was during the holiday season and they only had one tiller in the store and it cost about $1200. I broke one of my rules and went to Home Depot. Don’t get me wrong, I love Home Depot, but I never buy anything there with moving parts. I bought their last tiller, which was a floor model. It worked great for 4 months.

I went to till a friends garden last week and the tiller went about 6 feet and quit. It wouldn’t start for anything. I don’t know if I can take it back still or not. I found a repairman who makes house calls on the internet. He is coming today to hopefully fix both tillers. If they run, I will give you his name.



.

David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://davidsegrest.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/



No comments: