Sunday, November 18, 2007

Home Again

Home Again

I have not made any garden notes; because I have not been in my garden. I was in Las Vegas for a week at the REALTOR’s convention. I did get back in the garden Saturday morning (yesterday)

I picked a lot of figs. It rained last week so the ground was damp. It did not freeze hard until Saturday morning. The leaves are coming off of the fig trees and some of the figs showed signs of freezing. The figs were not as sweet as the ones we got before the trip.

I also turned ½ of the compost pile. I turned ½ of the other half this morning. Last week I cut an old legustrum tree that was shading the garden. The name legustrum is never used by itself. It is always that “old legustrum”. I cut it down and cut it up some; but I could not put it on the street because of the trip. Today I put it on the street. There are 3 more legustrums and a gum tree to cut. Also I have two mulberry trees that has grown so tall we can’t pick the mulberries. I am going to cut one of the off at about chest height to see if it will sprout. If it does I will cut the other one next year. There is also a poplar and a mimosa tree that need to go; but they could fall on the house. I may have to get a professional to do them. Maybe I can get a load of mulch at the same time.
David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: