Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Done

Done

All of the pre-soaked seeds are finally in the ground. Many of them have sprouted. It appears that I got 100% from the marigolds and almost that much from the broccoli. So far I am pretty well sold on the rockwool pads. They are so easy to plant. Enough of them have sprouted, that I am confident they will work. The final test will be how well the plants grow and how easily they transplant.

I have also solved the electrical capacity situation. I bought a little heater that mounts to the top of a propane tank. The 4-flat heating pads only take 107 watts of power. The electric heater takes a bunch. By eliminating the electric heater, I can plug in more pads. I probably don’t even need the heater; but it keeps me from worrying and it gives me a warm place to work.

The nights have been really cold with the afternoons warming up. The temperature is still dropping when I leave the house during the week. I can’t cut the heater off; so it burns all day. Propane is $18 + per tank. That’s my next problem to solve. Suggestions?



David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: