Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year

My grandchildren are gone and icy weather is here. It got down to 19 degrees this morning and 17 is called for tonight. Yesterday was beautiful. The only thing I did outside was water the plants in the greenhouse. It was just toooo cold.

New Years day I got a lot done. I planted a garden hose to take water to the garden. I planted an electric cable to take power to the storage shed and greenhouse, I blew leave and with my grandson Reese’s help drug all of the leaves to the mulch pile at the back corner of the back yard.

I mentioned in an earlier blog that I was worried about not enough compost & mulch. The compost bins are all full. The fallow rows in the garden are mulched and I now have a big pile of leaves for use as mulch this summer.

The broccoli and Brussels sprouts that were planted on Christmas Eve came up on New Years day. I have a new book on “indoor gardening” and a new seed catalog. Life is good.



David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: