Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Progress Report

Progress Report

I am once again separated from my Garden. I am in Miami in an air-conditioned environment. It is really too hot in Charlotte to be in the yard anyway.

The grape vines are really going to town. I had no idea they would grow this fast. The tomatoes are over my head and have tomatoes the size of tennis balls already. We are eating squash and zucchini. The spaghetti squash is literally climbing the wall. It is at about shoulder level now. The patty-pan squash finally has blossoms. The watermelons are growing; but slowly. There are tiny cucumbers on the cucumber vines. We have cut some broccoli but they are small. If we don’t cut them they will go to seed.

We haven’t had any rain for weeks. I have been watering with my Rube Goldberg system every 2 or 3 days; but that only keeps the plants alive. It does not really make for healthy growth. We had a thunderstorm last night; but it was only thunder and lightning, no water. In Miami we had a nice storm yesterday afternoon. The sky is overcast now. Everything here is really green and lovely. The flowers are blooming in Coral Gables.




David Segrest practices international real estate and writes an international real estate blog. Email is david@segrestrealty.com , Web page http://www.segrestrealty.com ,Blog http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/

No comments: