Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Love Dirt

I Love Dirt

This weekend I tilled the whole garden except for the spots where I have winter crops planted. Churning up the earth is such a wonderful experience. I love the smells and the way the earth feels when it is freshly turned. Now I am ready to lay out the rows, test the soil and mulch the rows with a deep layer of leaves. I am also ready to plant the donated strawberries and the blackberries that I dug up before working the soil.

I worked on the green house a little bit yesterday. I am trying to put a storm door on it for a door. I am mechanically incompetent. I built a new door frame from 2”X6”’s. I just can’t figure out how to mount the storm door to the frame. The instructions seem to have been written by someone from Microsoft. Last year two walls of the greenhouse were just polyethylene. The door was a flap that was taped together. This year I have covered one more wall with the fiberglass panels. The wall with the door is what is giving me a fit now.

It is almost time to plant seeds. As soon as I finish laying out the garden and test the soil I can plan the garden and order the seeds needed for the bedding plants.


David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: