Monday, December 10, 2007

Sulfur

Sulfur

I was having a hard time finding sulfur at a price I was willing to pay. I finally found 4# bags at Myers Park Hardware for $5.25 each. I was a little surprised as this store is normally a little more expensive.

If you go buy sulfur take a plastic trash bag and a way to close it securely. I put the paper bags of sulfur in the trunk of my car. It makes the whole car stink. I have had to explain to everyone who rode with me that I had not given George Bush a ride.

At this point I have laid off 3 rows counting the raised bed. All of them tested between 6.5 and 7. PH. I did not put anything on the raised bed yet. I will do that when I plant the strawberries. I did put about ½ pound of sulfur in beds 2 and 3. After that I covered them with leaves to a depth of about 8”.

David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: