Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cold Again

Cold Again

After Easter freezes are becoming the norm. Last year it got so cold it killed all of the leaves and figs that were already loading my fig trees. Last night it got to 31 degrees. I don’t think that was cold enough to hurt anything but my feelings. The internet said that it was only going to 36 tonight. The radio said “light frost”. Whom to believe?

I have hills ready for planting watermelon, cantaloupe, and winter squash. Some of the plants in the greenhouse are getting big enough that they either need to be planted or repotted. I think I will wait for the weekend.

The Lenten roses are blooming. My friend Jane’s Lenten roses are so spectacular that I think I will post some pictures of them this weekend. Her yard is quite beautiful. Mine is so horrible after the tree work, I can’t even bear to look at it. It will be at least a year before I really get it looking good. Then, the city will be putting in sidewalks and I will have to start over. Oh well…The fun of the tent is in the making.


David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: