Friday, March 7, 2008

Spring Fever

Spring Fever

I know that Spring hasn’t sprung; but my fever is building. The redbuds, lilacs and daffodils are blooming. My friend’s Lenten roses are loaded with blossoms. Lots of little things are greening up in the garden. I even need to cut the grass in the back yard.

This time of year always gets me excited and makes me want to be outside. I have a bunch of new projects in the dream and early starting stages. I will recite them here, not because anyone cares; but because if I list them here and don’t do them, I will be humiliated. I am going to make a raised bed adjacent to my greenhouse that will double as a cold frame. I have already started this. The boards are painted. Around the greenhouse and the raised bed will be a brick walkway to the driveway so I won’t track in so much dirt and catch so much hell from my wife. I have already done part of this.

I also want to build a lumber rack and a firewood rick, to improve organization in my yard. I am tearing down the deck behind the house to build a patio. My wife wants me to make a pergola in the back yard where a big red tip tree is growing. I am willing to build the pergola to get rid of the red tip tree.




David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: