Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Indian Winter

Indian Winter

I’m not sure there is such a thing; but that is what today feels like. It is not cold enough to hurt the little growies. It is cold and miserable enough to keep me inside. There is a light rain falling. It is soaking my plants the way they like it best. It is putting a little something in the rain barrels. It is putting all of my projects on hold.

The tomatoes are in the ground. Almost all of the seeds are planted except for some late things for the fall. We had fresh greens from the garden yesterday.

My current major project will take all summer and most of the fall. I am going to till and replant the whole front yard. I started out trying to till the ground where the English ivy lives. The tiller kept bogging down. I got out the old side delivery lawn mower and set it high and mowed the foul stuff. Then I set it low and mowed it again. When the weather gets better I will start tilling again. I want to put most of the yard into flower beds and just have a little bit of grass. I would like to install some “yard art”; but my wife objects to everything I have mentioned. I guess I need to get out one of those “You Know You are a Redneck” books and assess my taste.

David Segrest is an International REALTOR in Charlotte, NC. His email is david@segrestrealty.com , His webpage is http://www.segrestrealty.com , and his international real estate blog is http://dointernationalrealestate.blogspot.com/.

No comments: